Cabbage and Wild Rice Salad
- ½ head of savoy cabbage
- 250g pack of wild rice (or make your own)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 large bunch of mixed soft fresh herbs, such as mint, parsley, basil, chives
- 1 large handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the wild rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and leave to cool in a container.
- Peel the onions, and finely slice them. Transfer to a bowl and add the Italian red wine vinegar. Mix them together and set them aside.
- Grate cabbage, then, in a bowl, dress them with lemon juice and salt, massaging the flavors into the veg with your hands. Set aside.
- Chop the herb leaves and pop them into your serving bowl. Add the rice, onions, and lemony veg as well as the cranberries, and mix together.
More recipes below!
Are you enjoying the recipes?
Follow me on my social media accounts to get updates on more amazing vegan weight loss recipes.