Hey guys!! In this recipe I show you how to make a plant based (vegan) Bolognese absolutely loaded with veggies and is perfect for weight loss! The meal is around 550-600 calories!
Vegan Beef Stock
Herb Spice Mix
Japanese Kumara / Sweet Potato
Pitted black olives
1 Bay Leaf
1 Capsicum / Bell-pepper
Large Spiral Pasta
1 Tin of Lentils
3 tins of diced tomatoes
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Chop 2 onions, celery, 2 carrots, and then add to the pan. Then add 2 vegan beef stock and herb spice mix.
2. Peel and grate the Japanese kumara/sweet potato then chop olives and pitted black olives.
3. Add the grated sweet potato, olives, and pitted black olives to the pan.
4. Add 1 bay leaf and capers, then mix.
5. Chop 1 capsicum/bell pepper and the mushrooms.
6. While waiting for the sweet potato to soften, add the pasta to the boiling water.
7. Once the sweet potato starts to soften, add the chopped mushrooms and...
Homemade hummus takes barely any time and tastes delicious. It’s easy to get hummus creamy without oil by using some of the chickpea brine!
Meal prep hack:
Freeze extra hummus. It defrosts well!! You can double or triple this recipe and then freeze in small containers for when you want it!
2 tins of drained chickpeas, save 1⁄2 a cup of the chickpea water
1⁄2 a cup of the saved chickpea water
2 level Tbs of hulled Tahini
1⁄2 a cup of water
1 tsp of ground cumin
Juice from 1 lemon
A small handful of chopped parsley
1 tsp of liquid smoke (or sub smoked paprika) 1 clove of crushed garlic (add more if you don’t have kids that will complain about things being ‘spicy.’
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain the cans of chickpeas making sure to reserve 1⁄2 a cup of chickpea brine.
2. Into a food processor add the drained chickpeas, and all the other ingredients.
3. Blend until smooth and add more water...
1:1 Lean With Plants Coach Cassi Love has compiled a sample coaching session (something she would share with 1:1 clients in a coaching call) including a follow up assignment to help you gauge whether your digestion speed is up to par.